:: i love you ::

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Friday the 13th.

So... Today is my 21st birthday...

in lieu of gifts please send cash directly to my paypal account... djjube1@hotmail.com

thanks.

Twice I can remember when my my birthday has been on the 13th... I think it happens every five years or something like that... but twice I can remember it raining on my birhtday and being friday... creepy.

I got the rough ballpark figure for my monies needed for a 12 month internship in Russia.

- 1500 a month (x12)
- 3000 start up costs (airfare, admin costs, visa, ect)

so I am looking at needing to raise $21,000 dollars before I can go back. I know that is a lot of money, and it is easy to have sticker shock. But, there is a quote coming to my mind...

God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply.
-Hudson Taylor (a great missionary to China)


As I finish the application process, I ask for prayer. This will be a huge undertaking... it will be the biggest thing I have ever done, and will require more committment to God then anything I have ever experienced.

As I celebrate my 21st... I look ahead to the next five years with great anticipation for what God is going to do with me, and through me. I am excited about the great possiblities. At the same time, its easy for me to look ahead and to Russia... but God has things for me to do here and now also. Thank You Jesus a great year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sasja said...

i go to mass at noon everyday, i'll pray for you. have fun in russia! p.s. it always rains on my birthday.

16/8/04 18:40

 

Post a Comment

<< Home