:: i love you ::

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Brian McLaren

Brian McLaren

I wish I would have found out about this man about 2 years ago. But, I didn't... so now I am trying to quickly make up for lost time and catch up on what he said that I have missed.

The ideas he presents are dangerous to The Church. I like his style.

From the Back Cover
WARNING: This is not just another book on evangelism. This book contains fresh, encouraging, challenging, groundbreaking, and doable ideas you’ll want to share with your pastor, your small group or class, your board, or your parachurch organization.

OUT: Evangelism as sales pitch, as conquest, as warfare, as ultimatum, as threat, as proof, as argument, as entertainment, as show, as monologue, as something you have to do.

IN: Disciple-making as conversation, as friendship, as influence, as invitation, as companionship, as challenge, as opportunity, as conversation, as dance, as something you get to do.

You’re more ready for this than you realize, and so are your friends!


More Ready Than You Realize

I hope it changes your life. I'm off to bed, its been a great 10 days. Training at International Teams was fun, challenging, and has helped me grow. I met so many cool people who are serving the Lord in dynamic and fresh ways all around the world.

More on that tomorrow...

Chris

2 Comments:

Blogger Jacob B. said...

there's no rush homey (FYI -that's homey not honey). Just enjoy, soke, think, then re-think again. Sometimes when I get excited I move to quickly an then I "forget every thing I learn."

Check out the diagram about "journey/evangelism" verus decision evangelism. I just can't get that picture out of my head. It is sooooo amazing to really think about what that might mean. And it makes me wonder how we (the church) might be missing out on what God is really doing with people.

2/3/05 07:00

 
Blogger Christopher Warren said...

thanks bro,

life has been sucked into the fast lane since I have been home. its good to get a reminder to slow down and enjoy the journey.

3/3/05 05:29

 

Post a Comment

<< Home