:: i love you ::

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Viva España!

I am in Santiago de Compostela now. I arrived here last Tuesday and have been settling in a bit. I am trying to learn as much Spanish as I can, as fast as I can. I am blessed to be able to stay with the Swains. Their daughters (4 and 2) both speak varying degrees of Spanish because they both attend a Spanish pre-school in a local Catholic Church. Its amazing to see one of them switch into Spanish when around other Spaniards. Its amusing to see them reach for a word to describe something - and come up with the Spanish word in its place. When asked what the English word is... a sheepish "I don't know..." follows. Abi asked me yesterday - "Chris, why don't you speak Spanish?"

Why don't I... I wish I did.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man...you are missed!!! Good luck with Espanol - mi amigo!

13/1/07 20:54

 
Blogger Monique said...

I'm sad you're not here yet but I know this experience will be good for you. Let me know if you need any help with the spanish and I'll do my best to help.

14/1/07 03:15

 
Blogger Scott said...

So guess who used to live there? Bernie Parker...next door!

15/1/07 07:58

 

Post a Comment

<< Home