:: i love you ::

Thursday, December 07, 2006

I made an edit - but...

I'm ready for my close up
:: hi ::
I value transparency in people's blogs. If you don't want people to read it, take the proper steps to make your blog private (there are plenty of other blogging services out there... like the new FREE Six Apart beauty vox. It will even let you set multiple levels of privacy, its super.)

So, with that in mind, I tell you. I have made an edit in a recent post. But, due to the nature of the edit, I cannot tell you what changed. Just so you know. Its nothing scandalous, actually it seems insignifigant to me. But, I understand that it has father reaching ripples then I can imagine. So, I made the edit and I am not telling you what changed. If you notice, super. You get a Gold Star, please don't post the correction in a comment below, or I will delete it. Thanks.

I wanted to tell you that I made the change though, becuase it bothers me when people post things on a public space, like a blog, then take it back. There are situations where one must resort to this (A close friend of mine recently had to close her entire blog because of the gossip that was spilling out into real life because of the posts she was making on her blog.), but it still bothers me. My word is the only real currency I have in the world (If you check my bank account... I'm pretty poor.), so if I take it back repeatedly, what do I have left?

I love you guys.

I've been contemplating a site redesign, even started coding one... but, due to lack of time, my interest in doing that has waned. Now, I am considering moving to a new blog site altogether. I have not really been happy with the new Beta Blogger. It seems like "blogger for kids" with changes to the code requiring a large learning curve for casual HTMLers like me. The middle of the road functionality of blogger is one reason I like it. But Beta is polarized between the "stupid simple" and the "crazy hard". I'm glad that blogger is finally implementing some changes that the community has been crying for, but they have been slow, and are being overtaken by a number of other blogging sites.

We'll see. Nothing would happen until the new year at the earliest. And coming back to an earlier note... I will never delete this blog. I may move the entries with me to a new server or service, but they will always be here. (I know that in your free time, you read my posts from two years ago!) ;)

Tagged: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feedback on my article on Relevant's web site. I'm a first-time, aspiring, struggling, penniless writer, so I'm thrilled they published it! Blessings on your work in Moscow!

9/12/06 04:23

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so I'm a total dork, and I just now realized that you commented on my blog like 2 months ago. I never set it up so that I get an email when someone comments, so I never knew. So anyway, I thought I'd let you know that I did read your comments, and I'm glad that you like the title of my blog and the way I title my posts. It's been awhile since I've talked to you (since you left). I'm sorry, but I just really suck at keeping in touch when people go away (I don't think I've talked to Kelsi since Emily's wedding in July, and even then we barely said anything.) It doesn't mean that we're not still friends, it just means that I'm bad at being a good friend, that's all. Anyway, I hope you're having fun over there, but I can't wait until you get back. Things just aren't the same without you. Miss you!

10/12/06 07:53

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I'm sorry about not letting you know about my new blog. It was kind of just a personal one for awhile, and then I told a few people about it about a month ago, and I just forgot that you even read my blogs (that is, when I actually post anything.) So feel free to change the link on your page since I really don't use my LJ one anymore.

10/12/06 07:56

 

Post a Comment

<< Home