:: i love you ::

Thursday, March 31, 2005

"Glacial Speed"

You've heard of warp speed. You speed on the freeway. You see the cars speed past the screen during Sunday's race. But a glacier, that just sort of floats along...

I talked to a friend on the phone tonight, and her life is going pretty fast... pretty speedily... She is in a career, is going to graduate school, and has an active social life which includes vacations in tropical places. (lucky girl huh?)

She asked me what I was doing this week... Well... I am scheduled about 30 hours at work from now until Sunday... but other then 4 shifts in 4 days... nothing. I have things I need to do... like finish my taxes... (which I am postponing, because I owe and don't want to.) But, I have had relatively little going on the past few months.

I am moving at Glacial Speed. I was gung-ho ready to go, chomping at the bit, to begin fundraising a few weeks ago when I got back from Chicago... but, since I have been home, things have progressed so slowly that at times have felt like the car has sputtered and died and will not be re-starting without a lot of work.

This weekend I am trying to put the stuff together that I will need to make a big push in regards to fundraising. Sort of... break out of the ice of glacial speed. Blah. Pray for me, please.

>> In other news... Donald Miller is featured in an article in Relevant Magazine this month. The new issue hits newstands later this week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Hey Chris, I'm praying for you!

3/4/05 12:04

 

Post a Comment

<< Home