:: i love you ::

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Da Vinci was what!?

First: I want to give a nod to Matt Lynn.

Thanks for the link to this article, as well as your most recent thoughts, friend.

I just finished The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. I have read all of Mr. Browns books... And the only reason I waited on this one is because they were not offering it in paperback yet... ;)

I only have one thing to say, It was a great book. It was, as his other novels are, great fiction. I have not seen the movie yet, I would like to... But its hard for me to picture Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon... Especially with longer gray hair... Now, I only have one question about the book... I found several strange things: every book has the authors name, and usually the title of the book on every page as you read it. In the case of the book I acquired, "Dan Brown" was on the pages on the left, and "The Da Vinci Code" was on the right. Every page had standard page numbers except the start of chapters... Okay... That said... There were at least two occasions that I noticed the title was different, there were two occasions that I noticed that Dan Browns name was changed, and two occasions that I noticed that the page numbers were not even numbers... Once was an SOS, on a chapter page (one that should not have had a page number at all), and one that appeared as ***, in place of a page number... Very strange. I thought that they would tie in with the story somehow, and they probably do... But there was no direct reference in the text that meant anything with these symbols. I'm sure there are entire websites devoted to solving this secrets and more. Strange. Intriguing. Bravo on a page turner Mr. Brown.

I saw the movie Closer tonight. What a waste of time. Great cast, and good dialogue (minus the excessive usage of the F word to define almost every action imaginable, including usage as an adverb, verb, noun, article, direct object, and indirect object)... But what a trashy plot. I suppose that it is real life for sexually promiscuous individuals... What a sad reality. If you watched Closer, and thought that it was a portrayal of your life, you should seek professional help, because I fear that you may be a pathological liar parading as an optimist, or you are a depressive who uses deception and shocking truth to define your depression. Clive Owen was absolutely sinister.

This weekend I will be at Spirit West Coast in Del Mar, California... Maybe I will use that digital camera of mine... :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I sent you an invitation ot the bbq on Monday, but it looks like you will be out of town...or just getting back. If you're not too tired, and you want to ...come by.

25/5/06 20:54

 
Blogger Monique said...

I liked Closer, but because of the way the movie makes you believe that it's about all four of these characters and ends up really just being about Natalie Portman's character in the end. It's unique. But I agree with you on the excess usage of the F-word and the almost promotion of sexual promescuity.

26/5/06 09:11

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHRIS!!!

So happy to hear about the things going on in your life!!

30/5/06 07:54

 

Post a Comment

<< Home