:: i love you ::

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Stacy and Mute Math

In response to Stacy's post here about Mute Math:

I agree that this generation is apathetic. I also agree that kids tend to make snap judgments based on little, or no research. They are the definition of sheep. The shepherd points, and they herd. The problem is, they don't always follow the shepherd, they follow whoever is by the roadside hollering at them.

I am mostly a conservative. There are many things where I would like to lean more liberally, and many of them have to do with the environment and the treatment of other humans, but I don't like liberals. I don't like conservatives either, in my opinion they can be neadrethals. They do things the same way because that is the way we've always done it.

The other day, I had a 30 year old male tell me this: "I don't like politics, there is always an argument that I don't want to listen to." Of course there is an argument's that you don't want to listen to. That is the point! That is entire reason we have a multi-party set up in our Congress. He told me he has never voted, we then... Don't complain we you don't like something, even if it is as trivial as road construction. Somewhere, sometime, someone voted to approve spending money on that. Don't complain when FEMA doesn't rescue your butt. Don't complain when the President sends us to war. You have had the ability to be the change you want to see in this world [or not to change] for twelve years, and you haven't done anything about it. You have sat on your butt at your parents house and played video games, for twelve years!

I got slightly off topic... But in regards to Mute Math: "If any of you are embarrassed over me and the way I'm leading you when you get around your fickle and unfocused friends, know that you'll be an even greater embarrassment to the Son of Man when he arrives in all the splendor of God, his Father, with an army of the holy angels." Mark 8:38 (Message)




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock!! I am with you on the liberal in some areas thing. It's hard to be one or the other on everything - there are pros and cons to both sides!

BTW...I love the 30 year old's take on the world around him!! My statement to him would have to be, "Get a life...then we can talk!"

Thanks for having my back! Sorry we can't do lunch today...soon though, I promise!

30/4/06 20:55

 
Blogger Monique said...

haha i think i know who you're talking about

1/5/06 02:13

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post. Poor grammar/spell check. Sorry I missed your call earlier. Trabajo mucho.

2/5/06 14:11

 

Post a Comment

<< Home