:: i love you ::

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hello Hello?

Hi. I'm Chris, it sure is nice to meet you.
:: Hi. I'm Chris. ::
I feel like my recent posts have been lacking in content. Not in 'content' per se, I am including more media then ever here on my blog. But, I feel as though... In the midst of that... I have been including myself less.

Pray for me. I am exploring some new ground in my attempt to return to Moscow. I feel like this summer is a good time to get there, and there is a possibility of that truly happening, as well as the reality that I may not be able to go for a full year on this trip. I have held off an update that I had planned to send out mid to late March because I have been contemplating this, and fighting with God about it. Please pray for God's continued guidance through this, he has been good to me this past year, and my heart aches to return to service full time. There was not a time where that was so. Once I know more details, all of you will know.

I have not been able to sit down and finish a book for 3 weeks, and that bothers me. I am currently reading Wild at Heart by John Eldredge (Thanks Jenn), and Chechnya: To the Heart of a Conflict by Andrew Meier. I also recently purchased To Own a Dragon, by Donald Miller. I need some fiction infusion as well, it just hasn't happened.

Starbucks is better then ever (except today, because I was so tired, that everything was annoying me.), there is some real possibility of Starbucks turning into a career, not just a job. It would take a lot, I don't think that I would settle in as a Store Manager long term, but sticking with them through school is defiantly a good choice. It will be interesting to see the fall out once I actually have a departure date for Moscow. Sherie has hinted toward promotion to Shift Supervisor, but I don't think she wants to do it knowing that I will be leaving at some point.

I was only a year late picking up the latest full length release by Starflyer 59 and Jason Martin(also of Joy Electric fame). I was also only two weeks late getting a new song up here. :)

Some days, I just want to purchase a Volkswagen Van and hit the road, live in the woods for a while, and write poetry... I doubt that anyone would appreciate it, because it would probably stink. But, I think the exercise would be good. I could fish for my food, Omega 3 fatty acids are good for your skin! Or maybe bounce around Europe with all my belongings strapped to my back and immerse myself in different cultures, work at a hostel to pay for lodging... There are so many possibilities.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds as though God is really trying to strech and grow you latley...how awesome is that! With a heart that sounds willing and ready He could have so many oppourtunities to touch lives, grow you and make His name and glory shown.
Allow Him to lead your heart in the areas He is calling you; it sounds as though He has some BIG plans in the next year...

9/4/06 05:14

 
Blogger Chan. said...

I recommend going back to the origins of Starflyer as well. Namely, [Silver] and [Gold]. I'm only really familiar with those two, but I hear from a very trustworthy source that [Leave Here a Stranger] is pretty damn amazing too. Which is a bit silly to say, because any and all of Starflyer's albums are pretty damn amazing.

10/4/06 12:36

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously? You comment on a spelling goof when the last lines of my post say "spell check isn't working - deal with it"! Seriously??

What's up with the subliminal message on your blog while you are waiting for it to load. Black screen and small white print at the top saying 'i love you'??

Hope you're doing well.

11/4/06 05:41

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully you'll find some time to finish reading "Wild at Heart." What do you of it so far?

12/4/06 09:28

 
Blogger Christopher Warren said...

I like Wild at Heart. I am about 2/3 of the way through it. I don't think I am ready to read Captivating just yet... but, I am enjoying it.

12/4/06 09:38

 

Post a Comment

<< Home