:: i love you ::

Monday, June 19, 2006

Down to the wire...

I have been terrible about updating.

There is no easy way to say that, its just true. Things have been happening so fast over the last couple of weeks, and well... I've been... Busy.

Here is the short version. I should have already had my visa paperwork taken care of and should have had my passport back in my hands by today. After all, I leave tomorrow. However, there has been a HUGE delay with my 'letter.' To travel to Russia, you first need to be invited, with a letter of invitation. Then, you submit an application along with the letter. Things take weeks to process. I was expecting to have the letter on Friday, and with rush one day processing (think: expensive), I would have had my passport back on Saturday. Well, my couterparts in Russia have pushed for me, since it didn't arrive on Friday, and I now have the letter.

I have a shot at receiving my passport back in time. I need to be leaving Tucson tomorrow between 9 and 10 am, if my passport in available in time... I could still receive it by 10:30am, and it would be a mad dash to the airport in Phoenix.

I am pretty much ready to go other then that... My room is mostly devoid of furniture, and I will need to spend today getting things ready to go. If I don't get to see you before I leave, I'm sorry... But then again... It's only 7 months... I'll see you next year. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home